Sometimes you may want to edit an existing item after you've logged it. You can edit some values directly in the diary itself. You can find more editing options by selecting the settings menu or right-clicking on an entry.
Delete an item from your diary by clicking the item to select it then hit the delete key on your keyboard.
To change the serving amount of a food, click the value under the amount heading to make it editable.
To edit the serving unit, just click it to make it editable:
You can also edit or add a time-stamp at any time by selecting that value:
Remove a timestamp from the entry by using the '-' button next to the time.
Right Click (ctrl-Click on mac) in order to display a number of options including delete, copy, create recipe from selected items, paste, or delete.
To select multiple items, hold down the shift key while selecting entries. Once you have selected multiple entries, you can right click to copy, delete, or create a recipe from the selected items.
If you have diary groups enabled, you can also right click on the diary group header to reveal more options. Clicking on a group header will select all items in that group.
- Choose Add Food as a shortcut to add a food into that specific diary group.
- Choose Sort Group by time to sort only that diary group by your time-stamped entries.
- Choose Copy selected items to Copy multiple items at once or a single item. Paste these by right clicking again in your chosen day/group and selecting Paste.
- Choose Create Recipe From Selected Items to bring you to the Recipe Editor pre-populated with the selected items. This will not change those items in your diary to a recipe but will save a recipe of those items for future use.
- Choose Delete Selected items to delete one or more items.
- If you have right clicked on a recipe, choose Explode recipe to automatically enter each ingredient in the diary separately. Learn more in our Crono-Hacks article.
You can find more options to edit items in the diary in the article Diary Settings.